2v2 to Small Goals
2v2's are great for teaching all aspects of small group and individual attacking and defending skills.
2v2's are great for teaching all aspects of small group and individual attacking and defending skills. On the attacking side 2v2 relies a lot on beating your defender and getting free and supporting your teammate for a pass. The defensive side of 2v2 focuses on 1st defender putting pressure on the player with the ball and the 2nd defender supporting the 1st defender.
How to setup and play 2v2
- Create a grid approximately 20X25.
- Evenly split the team into 2 teams (red and yellow).
- Place the red team on one corner of the grid and the yellow team on the opposite corner of the grid.
- The first two player from each line will play 2v2 against each other.
- The coach should have all the balls on the side of the field.
- The coach will start by playing a ball into the middle of the field for a 50-50 ball, or directly to one of the two front players.
- If the ball is played out of the grid or a goal is scored the ball is dead and it is the next two players from each lines turn to play.
Coaching Points for 2v2 play